08 Feb What are the Best Professional Hair Clippers? Clipper Reviews
|Disclaimer: This article may contain affiliate links. This means that if you buy a product or service after clicking on these links, I earn a small commission (at no additional cost to you) which helps pay for the upkeep of this website.
You need high-quality hair clippers if you cut your own hair, trim your mustache or keep your beard groomed. You can buy cheap clippers at any drugstore. More expensive hair clippers usually last longer, especially if you’re using them frequently. The attachments should be sturdy enough so that they don’t break when you replace them. The most important factor in a hair clipper is the quality of the blade. Carbon titanium and ceramic blades create smoother cuts than stainless steel blades. Self-sharpening blades don’t have to be replaced as frequently as regular ones. People with thicker hair should pay attention to the power of the motor so that the blade doesn’t slow down as it cuts.
The Top 5 Best Professional Hair Clippers
Andis T-Outliner Trimmer with T-Blade
The Andis T-Outliner trimmer is outfitted with a T-blade that provides a close cut. This clipper is ideal for more detailed work, like creating a fade or shaping around the ears, nose and neckline. Many users prefer to shave dry using this product than shave wet with a razor because it eliminates irritation and razor bumps.
- The fine-tooth blades are precise.
- Carbon-steel blades last long.
- Provides a close cut or shave.
- Magnetic, high-speed motor is quiet.
- Does not work as well on longer hair.
- The motor heats up quickly.
- The clipper doesn’t work as well when used on several haircuts a day without oiling it frequently.
Wahl Clipper Chrome Pro Hair Clipper
The Wahl Chrome Pro has a self-sharpening blade and a powerful motor. Most users are relatively satisfied with the results that the clipper delivers.
- Sleek design and affordable price.
- Ideal for beginners or people who aren’t sure that they want to cut their own hair forever.
- Comes with a variety of accessories with which users can experiment.
- Can be used to trim hair all over the body.
- The blades can get hot when the clipper is used for a long period of time.
Philips Norelco HC7452/41 7100 Hair Clipper
This cordless clipper provides mobility and ease of use. The company claims that you can use it for up to two hours after a one-hour charge. The clipper can also be used while it’s plugged in. The adjustable comb has 23 settings. The largest setting provides a 7/8-inch cut.
- The titanium blade is sharp and lasts long.
- No oil is needed to maintain optimal operation.
- The lightweight product is easy to hold and manoeuvre.
- Doesn’t require a variety of attachments for multiple hair lengths.
- Quiet operation.
- Hair gets clogged in the teeth and has to be wiped away periodically.
- The motor is slower than that of other clippers, so it cuts more slowly.
- The plastic guard prevents the clipper from getting into tight spots.
- Some users report that the clipper doesn’t cut hair evenly.
Wahl Groom Pro Haircut Kit #79520-3101
This kit comes with a corded clipper for basic cutting as well as a cordless trimmer for touch-ups. The accessory kit provides a variety of guards for added versatility. The largest guard provides a 1-inch cut.
- Great quality for the price.
- Long battery life on the cordless trimmer.
- Useful for cutting hair on the head, face or body.
- Works well on thick hair.
- Built for home use and may not stand up to more frequent use in a barbershop.
- Some users report that the clippers have a loud motor and heavy vibration.
- Not ideal for people who require a close shave over a large area.
- Some users say that the guards don’t feel like they are high quality.
Oster Fast Feed Adjustable Pivot Motor Clipper
This is the most expensive clipper that we reviewed. It does have some of the best reviews from other users. It does not come with a wide variety of accessories, but the blades can be adjusted without the need to attach new ones.
- Whisper-quiet operation.
- More powerful than clippers with an 8-amp motor.
- Adjustable blades make it easy to taper a cut.
- Users report that it cuts hair very evenly.
- Doesn’t get hot.
- Cuts wet or dry hair.
- Requires additional guides to style longer hair.
- Can be uncomfortable when used for shaving.
- Does not provide a close cut.
The best professional hair clippers for you are the ones that most closely fit your needs. Use more precise trimmers if you shape or shave your facial hair. Clippers that work well on thick hair will serve you better if you have longer, coarser hair. Most of the clippers that we reviewed will stand up to a few haircuts a day but aren’t ideal for use in a barbershop setting.